“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Beginning of the End

After this long, stressful, crazy adventure of trying to buy a house we have decided to let go of the house we have been waiting for and buy another house. It was a really hard decision. Steve was actually ready to make the change last week but I need another week to make my decision. (I'm a little more sentimental about things.) This past weekend we went on a trip to Idaho for my brother and his wife's Graduation. 24+ hours in the car was just what I needed to clear my head. The main reasons we decided to back out of the deal were we were growing increasingly concerned about the fact that we might not get approval on the short sale house, we have to be out of our place before Aug 21st, and the house needed more work and money put into it then the other house we found. We had found some things in the inspection that needed attention right away and it had been two months and we were really concerned about the condition of the house. I think the final straw was that the approval for our loan has expired and we would have to go through the process of getting our loan approved all over again. That meant more time waiting for a house that we had already waited for for 4 months. I weighed the pros and cons of each house and came to the conclusion that buying another house would be the best for our family. We got back into town late Sunday night and Monday we looked at one more house that had been on our minds. It was a no go. So we decided to put an offer in on what we had been referring to as the "back up house" after a day of negotiations we landed on a price and we have a closing date of August 26th. Finally a closing date!!! (Although we really hope to get in sooner.) We are really excited. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders! I'll give you more details when we get closer to closing. We are buying a house! Finally!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...