“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's About Time!

I've been really busy and blogging has sadly been put on the back burner for a while now. I've been Christmas shopping, catching up with old friends, hanging out with new friends, spending time with family, organizing and cleaning the house, and doing lots of extra laundry and dishes. Last weekend was Stake Conference and Elder Nelson came! It was wonderful! We got a babysitter for the Adult session Saturday Night and went to Denny's afterward with my parents and my brother, Neil, who is in town. Sunday morning Steve got called into Surgery so I took the kids to Conference myself. It wasn't so bad because I sat with my dad and Neil. (Mom and Carl sang in the choir.) It was very uplifting and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to listen to an Apostle of the Lord.
Steve is in his Surgery rotation and is gone quite a bit. This weekend was his first weekend on call and he was gone Saturday and Sunday morning and he missed Jaxson's birthday party Sunday evening. On Monday he was called in at 4am and didn't get home until 9pm. It's a bummer he gone a lot but it helps us to appreciate each other. We both can't wait until there's a pay check for all the hours he puts in!
Jaxson loves to play outside! He has the luxury of a playground right in our front yard! I think he's finally settling in. He doesn't handle change very well, but he's getting better. He loves his Uncles and playing School. I'm trying to get him ready for Primary in January so we play school a couple times a week. He's learning to sit in his chair and raise his hand. If he does well he gets a stamp on his hand. He's getting better and better each time.




Ehlana loves eating baby food and wishes she could eat everything we're eating. She now sits at the table with us for Breakfast and Dinner. She wants to crawl but is still pretty far from it. She rolls onto her stomach and then yells at whatever it is she can't reach. It's pretty funny how worked up she gets when she doesn't get her way! She's been sleeping though the night again which has been wonderful! She goes to bed at 7:30 or 8pm and sleeps until 7 or 8 the next morning. She's growing so fast!



2 comments:

Krista said...

It doesn't seem like you've been gone so long, but looking at the kids, and how much they've grown, it now seems like a very long time! I'm glad things are settling in for y'all.

Pogue Fam said...

Such cute pictures! You have an adorable family :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...