“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Goings On

We're still waiting on our house. No news yet except they are officially negotiating with their bank. It could be a couple weeks or a couple months we don't know. Whenever I tell people we're waiting on a short sale they give me horror stories about how long it takes. It's kind of like birthing stories. No one tells you the good ones, just the bad! On Tuesday it'll be a month since we signed the contract. And what a long month it's been! We've been looking at other houses. None of them were good enough to sway us from our house. We really love it. And everything seems to be short sales around here! So, we wait....

Easter weekend we went to Utah to visit Steve's family and my Sister and her family. All of Steve's siblings were there and all of my family was there also. (Except my dad, and my brother who's on his mission.) It was fast and furious! We had a great time! Easter egg hunts, playing games, watching conference, and just hanging out. I'll have to post some pictures and details soon.

The day before we left for Utah Ehlana got pink eye. It was gross. She was a trooper and to my surprise none of us got it! When we got back I had only a couple days to try and get my house in order and Ehlana got a stomach bug and started throwing up. Then Jaxson was sick. Then I got it. We also gave it to my Dad and my brother, Carl, who was visiting from Utah. Between sickness, house hunting, vacation, and more sickness it's been a long couple weeks. I have been completely anti-social. Last night I went out to dinner and bowling with some girl friends for my friend's Birthday. It was great to have a reason to get out of my pajamas and have some fun! I have been going crazy having to put a side some things I need to get done. I have some goals for this week they include:
Cleaning my house
Organizing my bedroom
Going to the gym more than once
Organizing my Primary binder/papers
Visiting some primary children
Visiting teaching
Getting my hair colored

I hope I can get it all done! I've been feeling so "trunky" lately (that's a missionary term) waiting to move and not knowing if I should start packing or not. This week I plan to put that all aside and just get things done. Wish me luck! I hope you all have a great week too!

2 comments:

Pogue Fam said...

Oh Delee, I SOOO feel for ya! I remember that feeling. It took a while for our financing to go through, and we weren't even a short sale. If you go back I have a number of blogs complaining that I didn't want to clean because I was waiting to pack haha.... so I think your decision to just clean anyways is wise. That stinks you were all sick! I think we need another girls night too, by the way... I need to get out and clear my head as well :)

Kari said...

We waited 4 months for our house, but once the bank accepted our offer we had keys in our hands in about 10 days! Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...