I am not going to miss pregnancy.
But, as of Tuesday morning there are some things I will miss. The freedom of only having two kids who are almost 3 and 5 1/2! Some perks are putting them to bed at 7 pm and sometimes sleeping in until 9am. Not changing diapers (Ehlana has been potty trained for a while now.) Going out to eat and not having them cry through dinner. Having them climb into the car all by themselves. Not having to carry around a diaper bag. Leaving them with a baby sitter and knowing they won't cry the whole time. Giving them balloons and having them entertained for hours. I love having two kids. I actually find it to be easy. Sometimes I wonder what I am getting myself into! But, we are so excited to have another child and we already love him so much. We have just one more weekend of being a family of four. I'm trying to enjoy it. (As much as I can enjoy being 39 weeks pregnant!) Right now Steve is gone helping someone in the ward move, I am blogging in my pajamas, Ehlana is watching TV, and Jaxson is playing a game on the computer in his underwear. We will miss quiet Saturday Mornings!
The kids are getting more and more excited about the baby coming. I explained the c-section process to Jaxson and he said, "I really want to see that!" He was pretty disappointed when I said he was going to stay with Grandma when we went to the Hospital to have the baby.
Maybe when he's older Steve will let him see a real surgery. I personally don't have any interest in seeing a surgery. Ever. I guess he's his father's son.
Today Ehlana said, "I know how I can get baby Jakob out of your belly. I can use my strong hands! And then a rope!"
Hmmm... tempting. But, I think I will leave the delivery up to the professionals.
5 comments:
So excited for you and your new "addition." The description at the beginning of your blog describes me too, only I'm not PG! LOL!!!
Good luck on Tuesday!!!! I can't wait to see his cute face!!!
What a happy little family. Adding to it is wonderful. You'll get those other things back in just a little time. Enjoy the new baby!
Good luck tomorrow!! Our prayers are with you and your lil' man :)
Glad you didn't let Ehlana use the rope and her hands. We just don't think clearly during that time of pregnancy.
Post a Comment