“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Bye, Bye Baby Weight!
Hi, my name is Delee. I am a food addict. My drug of choice is baked goods. I over eat them when I am stressed, bored, or at a social gathering where they are readily available. I have tried to quit by putting sweets in the freezer. (It turns out cookie dough and key lime pie taste delicious frozen.) I hide food from my children. If I have cookie dough or brownies available I eat just a little piece a few times a day... and then a couple more at night... which turns out to be 4 brownies a day. I also over eat at almost every meal and if I eat a half a bag of chips in one sitting I consider it holding back. I need a plan to get off of my addiction. I want to be healthy, free from addiction, and to fit into my pre-pregnancy pants. (Comfortably.)
This was me two weeks ago. I am really passionate about being healthy and when I am pregnant I always "fall off the wagon". I needed a drastic change. Some motivation. And a swift kick in the pants. My friend, Heidi, was doing a cleanse to get off of her doughnut addiction and I was inspired! I decided to do my own cleanse or detox.
The challenge: First, eat nothing Refined or Enriched for two weeks. (aka white flour and sugar.) Second eat meat that is unprocessed (No lunch meat or hot dogs etc.) and eat it sparingly. Third work out at least 4 times a week.
I have only one day left! I feel very proud of my accomplishment. The first week was fun. I loved the challenge of creating new recipes and cooking all of my meals. (I love to cook!) I ate delicious food! Veggie omelets, southwest barley dip with multi-grain chips, Asian cabbage stir fry, healthy no-bake cookies made with barley, oatmeal, and honey. One night I made spinach bacon quiche with a whole wheat butter crust and a veggie potato hash. It was delicious! I got my portions under control. I didn't eat out at all. I did kick boxing and pilates. The second week wasn't as fun. I had cravings and I felt tired. My muscles were sore. The weekends were the hardest. Father's Day was especially hard. I helped the Young Women bake cookies for the Dads. I had a minor relapse and had some cookie dough. But no cookies or Father's Day dessert. It was harder than I thought. But I feel very proud of myself. I fit into my pre-pregnancy pants. Comfortably! I have only 5 lbs left of baby weight! I am healthy and free from addiction! The beginning is the hardest and I think I am over the worst. I think I will always have the tendency to over eat. But I know I can do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are amazing Delee!! Keep up the good work! I know it is so hard. Thanks for telling the world about my doughnut problem. haha. just kidding. I really don't care. :) I am so glad that I could inspire you. And now, you are inspiring others! Love you!!
Wow, way to go! My biggest problem is always after I stop nursing since that was like my instant calorie burner. So hats off to you since i still have at least 10lbs to go and my baby is a year old. I guess I got back to my pre prego weight but I gained weight in february after I stopped nursing...ah its June so you see how motivated i am.
YAY DELEE!!!! I immediately identified myself in that first paragrahph. I over eat (especially baked good) and I tend to eat 10 times the amount of sugar a person should consume in a day. To not have sugar for weeks at a time might just kill me! I'm seriously addicted to sugar. So, way to go for doing it! you are amazing!!!
Post a Comment