I have a love/hate relationship with facebook. I held off joining for a long time. Since I have joined I have liked some things about it. It's easy to get news and keep in touch with long lost friends. I really love that part of it. But it can be distracting. My kids would be eating lunch or playing nicely and then I would wonder onto facebook and the minute I got on the kids would start yelling and screaming and demanding things. I would get frustrated and then tell them I was in the middle of something. Something important, like looking at all 47 pictures of your new baby. So to keep the peace and my focus I made a rule for myself that I wouldn't get on the computer if my kids were around. I just get on at nap time or TV time before dinner. But there are times like this morning, when I get on the computer to actually do something productive and since my kids are being quiet for the moment I wonder onto facebook. And then I realize a couple minutes have passed...
and it's a little too quiet....
I blame YOU facebook! And Ehlana for leaving her breakfast on the table. And mostly myself for not following my own rule. Look at that cute smile! I can't blame him. And honestly, it could have been a lot worse!
No comments:
Post a Comment