“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's For Dinner

I haven't been blogging much lately. I have been obsessed with food, cooking, and watching documentaries about food such as Vegucated and Fresh. I have already planned out what I am going to plant in my garden in the late spring and I can't wait. I am also feeling my obsessive after-the-holidays-cleaning-bug and I finally caved in and watched the entire 3 seasons of Downton Abbey. (That wasn't really time well spent. But, I'm sad it over.)  I haven't been working on my cookbook although I have been trying a lot of new recipes. Last night we tried Green Curry Shrimp and everyone liked it! We had gone out to sushi last weekend and the kids ate yakisoba and rice with chopsticks and loved it. So I copied the restaurant's idea and made kid chopsticks with a rubber band. They did great! Even Jakob did a good job! 








 Some other dinners we have enjoyed lately are pork chops and sweet potatoes, bow-tie soup (made with tomatoes from my garden and carrot puree), bacon and barley soup with home made wheat rolls, salmon and mushroom quinoa, and black bean burgers with home made guacamole. I love to try new things and I get a lot of satisfaction from feeding my family healthy food. It's really become a passion of mine (and I know that I tend to offend people when I get passionate about something.) Honestly I don't ever mean to make people feel bad about how they do things, I just want to share what I have come to know and love! There is a lot of information out there so if you are trying to make a change I know it can be confusing and frustrating. For me it's not about fad diets or being vegetarian or vegan. It's simply listening to your body, following God's Word of Wisdom, and eating real unrefined foods that are provided to us by nature. Making changes to eat better can be hard. I understand that not everyone loves to cook, but everyone can start somewhere. For more inspiration check out these posts from one of my favorite blogs.



1 comment:

Tyrell Berner said...

Your kids are champs with the chopsticks. I seriously have not figured it out yet! (And you totally don't offend me with your healthy cooking... I love to hear about it and it's inspiring!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...