“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Friday, January 18, 2013

Time Out

Jakob will be 2 years old in a couple months and it seems our easy going 1 year old is becoming a thing of the past. I have been putting him in time out in the bathroom when he has his random hysterical screaming fits. Today he was screaming in the kitchen about something so I just ignored him from the other room. When he stopped I went into the kitchen and he said, "Time out." I was really surprised and as I reached for him he said, "Time out. Time out!" He walked over to the bathroom and so I opened the door. He climbed onto the toilet and said, "Bye bye, Mama. Time out." He was as calm as could be. I closed the door and tried my hardest not to let him hear me laughing. When I opened the door he got down with a smile and came out and shut the door. I really don't think he's getting the point of all this.

1 comment:

Pogue Fam said...

Haha, I put Maddox on a chair in the dining room for time out today (toilets wouldn't work I'm afraid.... he just flushes them repeatedly...) anyways, he sat there and smiled at me the whole time lol. As awful as the tantrums are they sure are cute sweet boys :) Love the story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...