“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Monday, June 24, 2013

Starting the Summer Off Right With a Family Update

Summer is finally here! (Except for the sunny weather. It's been raining on and off all week.) So what have we been up to lately?

School finally ended on June 19th, Jaxson had a great first grade year. He loved his teacher and she said this was one of her favorite classes. He really had a lot of nice kids in his class this year. He is happy to not have to do homework anymore but he will still take piano lessons this summer. 
Ehlana finished preschool and had her kindergarten testing the day after school ended. She is really excited for kindergarten and I feel a lot more at ease this time around. She isn't reading yet, but, she loves to draw and write and she asks me to spell things for her all the time. She also starts ballet class tomorrow. She is very excited and wears her leotard around the house whenever she can. 

We signed up for 'kids bowl free' this summer. We have gone a few times and the kids love it. Jakob is the cutest. I have a video of it somewhere but I couldn't find it. He insists on doing it all by himself. I will have to post it when I find out where it's located on the computer. 





We went to a splash pad on one of the few days that it has been over 75 degrees. The kids had fun and I hope the weather gets warmer soon so we can have more fun in the water. I am dying to go to the beach!



 Gotta love the creepy paparazzi looking pictures that my husband takes of me!

I have been gearing up for summer break by cleaning out closets, planting my garden, and organizing job charts and summer schedules. I tried to get as much done as I could before the kids got out of school. We finally hired a landscaper to get rid off all the weeds growing in our front lawn and I have been taking out bushes and planting flowers. I really don't like the landscaping in our front yard and after almost three years of living here I am finally doing something about it! Although I don't really know what I am doing so I almost killed my new hydrangea bushes because I planted them in a spot with too much sun. 
I am also obsessed with grilling (one of my favorite summer activities!) I had the young women from my church over and taught them how to work the grill. They did a good job and the grilled pineapple was everyone's favorite!

Steve went on a two day fishing trip last weekend with our neighbor and his friend. I thought they were crazy because they left at 1 am in the morning. They didn't have any luck the first day. They had to throw back all four of the fish they caught and they broke a couple lines. They slept at a motel and got up at 3 am the next day. They had a lot better luck that day and caught their limit in salmon! Steve got to real in 5 of the 6 salmon that they caught so he was thrilled! 






And if that wasn't exciting enough, Jaxson has FINALLY learned to ride a bike without training wheels! Steve has spent the last year trying to help Jaxson ride his bike. He finally got good enough that he could coast around with out his training wheels but he still wouldn't put his feet on the pedals. Then, on the very first day of summer, he came in the house yelling, "I did it! I can ride my bike!" Sure enough he was riding like a pro and we went on a trail ride the next day to celebrate. 

We are looking forward to a fun summer. The kids are at such fun ages and we are happy and healthy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...