When Steve and I were newlyweds we went camping with our friends often. Then we had Jaxson and we went a few times when he was a baby. Then we had Ehlana and we went once. And then we had Jakob two years ago and we haven't been since. So this weekend we finally went camping! My parents bought us a tent for Christmas this year and we dug out all of our old camping gear. On the drive up it was pouring rain. I thought we must be crazy going camping in the rain but we were all packed up and the kids were so excited that we couldn't turn back. Once we got to the campground the rain had stopped and we were able to put up the tent, start a fire, and unload the car. Our good friends, the Browers, came with us. It was so fun to spend time with them!
Steve is awesome at putting up a tent.
And I am awesome at starting a fire.
My favorite part of the trip was when Jakob started singing 'Happy Birthday' as I lit the fire!
That night it started raining again. So we sat by the fire like this.
We had a terrible time getting the kids to sleep. Jakob kept saying, "No thank-you go to bed! No thank-you!" Luckily they all slept pretty well once they fell asleep at about 11pm.
They next day the rain stopped and the fun began! We went on a hike to the beach, we played games, and the kids had a blast with all the dollar store toys I had bought. They played bubbles and golf, they caught caterpillars and colored. We had a fun and relaxing time.
The two year olds, Jakob and Kohen, were inseparable.
And Kohl is the sweetest baby ever!
Jakob got into the marshmallows and ate about 15 of them. He also loved to steal people's water bottles when they weren't looking. Can you say 'Chubby Bunny'??
I taught Ehlana how to use little sticky flowers as earrings. I used to do this all the time as a child. I love having a girly girl!
And here I am-- all natural. But at least my kids look cute!
We stayed one more night and it started raining again. The kids were asleep by 8:30pm and so we played some games in the rain. The next morning it was still raining so we ate breakfast and then packed up and left. I am so glad we went. It was totally worth it! It was a very fun and memorable weekend!
1 comment:
Haha, what are you talking about?! You look great all natural! I, on the other hand, look TERRIBLE!!! Glad you guys had fun. I'm still trying to decide if camping this year will be worth it for us :)
Post a Comment