“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Vacation

We have made it through one month of summer vacation and I need a vacation! Everyday is the same. We get up, eat breakfast, do chores, piano practice, clean the house, (which never stays clean) and I wonder, "What can I do today to entertain my children?" It's the same. Everyday. Every long day.

On Friday I think, "Good it's finally the weekend!" And then I remember that I'm a stay at home mom. Saturday is the same as Friday. And every other day. Every long day. We have done some fun things: play dates, beach day, bike rides, swimming, ballet class. I like that we can sleep in and hang out with friends in the evenings without rushing home to get the kids in bed. It's just the evenings are busy, especially for Steve. And he works a lot, so I put the kids to bed by myself most of the time. I am tired. The kids are tired. We are feeling bored. We need a vacation from our summer vacation.

2 comments:

Pogue Fam said...

I totally know how you feel. We finally got the trampoline set up and its breaking up the boredom a bit, but I didn't realize how good school was for the kids. I can't win... I miss them when they are gone, and I go crazy when they are here. Life of a Mommy :)

Melinda said...

I hear ya!! haha I knew summer break was going to be hard and I wanted to have a good schedule: go to the library every monday, different park every tuesday, craft day every wednesday, etc. etc. I have yet to do this once. :/ haha We took the kids to a theme park in Idaho this last weekend, and you have to know vacations with kids are not usually super fun for the parents! ;) I'm hoping the rest of the summer goes by fast (except I don't really want to deal with homework again either. I'm so lazy.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...