“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cox Family Vacation 2013

In July we made our annual drive down to Utah to visit Steve's family and my sister. First we stopped in Boise and spent a night with my cousin and his family. We always love visiting with them.




We then went to my sister's house for a few days. The kids had fun catching bugs, playing with cousins, and jumping on the trampoline. Unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture while we were there. 

We then went to Steve's parent's house and spent the rest of the week having fun with family. The first night we went to a family fun center with a roller rink, water slides, bounce houses, and jungle obstacle course. The kids had a blast!



 Uncle Jason and Kate



We also went to the Great Salt Lake. It was hot, stinky, and the flies were disgusting! Jakob and Ehlana barley went in and started crying because the salt water was stinging them. Jaxson went out and floated with most of the family and had a great time! I took the kids up to a little restaurant and we had ice cream. It wasn't what we expected, and we all agreed we probably won't go again, but being able to float was a really cool experience.





The kids loved Grandma and Grandpa's annual stuffed animal walk.






We wanted to take the kids to BYU and tour the campus. We also stopped at Stan's diner where I used to work and our old apartment where Steve and I met.


Stan's diner looked the exactly the same and the food was great. I have so many great memories with the wonderful friends I met there!



And this is the apartment complex where Steve and I met. It is a little more run down than we remembered it. It was fun to reminisce about the "good old days".
It was such a fun time in my life, I met some wonderful friends and roomates, and of course the love of my life. 


My old apartment.


Steve's old apartment. (Just two doors down.)


We also drove by the apartment we lived in after we got married and our second apartment were we had Jaxson. Some of the buildings had changed and the hospital Steve worked at looked different, but there are so many familiar things about Provo, UT. It is were we met, started our life together, and had our first baby. 

Our last stop was the hair salon I used to work at. It was my first official job as a grown up! I worked there for almost two years as an assistant, hair stylist, and then salon manager until I had Jaxson. Then I just took clients on Saturdays until we moved to VA a year later. It is now a dessert cafe and the inside has been remodeled quite a bit. It was fun to go back and see how much it has changed.


The last night we were in UT we went to my in-law's friend's house to swim and enjoy a train ride! They actually have a train that runs through their neighborhood and they give free rides to anyone who wants one. The kids (especially Jakob) had a blast!


We had a great time. We always love visiting our family in UT!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I love it!! So much fun!!

Melinda said...

P.s. I totally remember your apartment in Provo! :) And also, that train is pretty awesome, I want a train in my backyard!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...