“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Introducing Baby Benson


Benson Thomas Cox 
Born: March 3, 2014 at 1:01pm
6lbs 6oz and 19inches

The morning of my c-section we didn't have to be at the hospital until 10am. We got Jaxson off to school, finished packing some last minute things, and made some lists for my parents. I thought to myself, "Am I going to miss being pregnant?" Then (because I couldn't eat anything before my surgery) I felt that unavoidable, familiar feeling in my stomach, and then I threw up. It was very painful. That's when I was certain. I would not miss anything about being pregnant. I was ready to meet this little guy!

We arrived at the hospital and did the routine procedures to get ready for surgery. We waited and waited.  I tried to relax but Benson was extra wiggly. He hated the monitors on my stomach and it seemed as though he wanted to break free! Finally it was time. My Doctor came in and gave me a hug and asked if I was ready. At this point I was nervous and excited. Since this was my fourth c-section I knew what to expect. I knew the good and the bad. 

Everything went smoothly.The anesthesiologist said this was the easiest spinal tap he had ever done. He said usually he is calming down the patient through the procedures but since I had done it before I seemed calm and collected. I told him, "This isn't my first rodeo." But the truth is, it is really scary. Since I knew from the beginning that I would have a c-section I had prepared myself spiritually and mentally for this moment. Even though it was a surgery, it was still an amazing spiritual experience. I focused on the angels who were by my side, the unseen people helping Benson transition into this world. The amazing and hard journey that had brought me to this point. The blessing from God of being able to create a person who would be part of our family forever. And I waited. I waited for that first little cry....

And then it came. And I cried too.











I instantly fell in love with this tiny, sweet, beautiful, little person. He makes it all worth it. 
Welcome to the world, baby Benson. I'm so glad you are mine.

2 comments:

Tyrell Berner said...

Delee, he is precious!!! He is so perfect and I hope he treats you SO good because you waited a loooong time for him!! Congratulations! (and I LOVE his name!)

Linds said...

Welcome to the world baby Benson! I was just telling Jeff it is crazy how much all your children look alike. He is precious! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...