People usually refer to two year olds as terrible, and sometimes I would have to agree. The most frustrating thing Jaxson has started in the last couple months is being horribly indecisive. We went to the grocery store which is never fun with children, but on this day he was set on sitting in the back of the cart. Due to the amount of groceries we needed I gave him the choice of walking beside me or riding in the child's seat on the cart. It was first settled that he would walk, then ride, then walk, then he tried to throw a fit to be able to sit in the back of the cart again. Finally I gave him one of my classic "mom lines" and said, "If you don't use your nice talking words and make a choice, Mommy will choose for you." He hated that option most of all. So I picked him up and strapped him in. I pulled the cart behind me because he was screaming so loud. Finally at the check out he calmed down, but as we passed the Horse and Motorcycle rides he asked to ride. That's his usual reward for being good at the store. I told him he didn't make good choices and he yelled and cried too much to ride today. And well the ride home wasn't very fun either. I just hope that If I stick to my word the terrible twos won't turn into the terrible threes!


There are some terrific things about two year olds also. Jaxson has been saying the cutest things lately such as, "That's funny" and "So cute!" He also sneezed the other day and said, "Bless you." We were walking down the stairs at my friend house and he said in the sweetest voice, "Careful, Mommy, careful."
Here's some pictures of him being silly. He is really funny and has an adorable sense of humor.
I guess when it comes down to it parenting is a lot of work (and sometimes quite embarrassing) but always worth it!

2 comments:
You should read Louise Bates Ames "Your Two-Year-Old." She describes this phase as exploring opposites. It's certainly the most frustrating stage of twos for me. I remember some advice she gave was not offering options or asking yes or no questions. Good luck!
He is so cute!! I think he must look more like your side of the family, right? Well, I was excited to hear from you. We need to keep in touch..this seems like as good a way as any! YOu guys look good in your family pic!
Post a Comment