“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby Jakob

I am 34 weeks pregnant. I have less then 5 weeks to go! I have leg cramps, heartburn, muscle aches, and I still throw up a couple times a week. I can't wait for this to be over! We have the baby room finished (I just need to get a little red side table) and his clothes are washed and in his closet. I need some diapers and things but I feel ready for this little guy to get here. The kids are really really excited. When we finished the baby's room Ehlana came in and said, "Where's baby, Jakob?" Steve is ready for me to feel better and see what his little boy will look like. We are all excited to hold him.
Here's his room.




My friends threw me a baby shower. Since it's my third baby I wanted it to just be with my close girlfriends. It was a lot of fun. I got some clothes and diapers. My mom made me this beautiful quilt. I will have to get more pictures from my friend, Heidi.

I went shopping with my mom to get some more preemie sized clothing. Judging from my other babies he will need them for the first month or so. When I was showing Steve the clothes I got he said, "I don't think he's going to be that big." I said, "These are preemie size for 0-5lbs. They don't make them any smaller then this!" We would both love a healthy, chubby baby but Jaxson was 5lbs 13 oz and Ehlana was only 6lbs 3oz. Steve and I both agree I look smaller then I did at the end of my other pregnancies so this one might be our smallest baby. (Although I think the bigger the better because that means less weight I have to loose!)
Here's a cute little outfit I got for him to come home from the hospital in.

We can't wait to meet you, Jakob!

3 comments:

Tyrell Berner said...

Cute room!

One of my good friends had twin boys in November and has TONS of preemie boy clothes... they spent 3 weeks in the NICU (and they can't wear clothes in the NICU) so the clothes are practically brand new. (she is selling the clothes and that's why I'm telling you!) I'll give you her number if you're interested.

Pogue Fam said...

So cute! I LOVE his room! And so funny, I was just looking at that little elephant outfit online yesterday thinking I wanted to get it lol, great minds think alike :) You're SO CLOSE!!!

Heidi B. said...

That is a darling outfit! I love it! I can picture him already in it! I can't wait to meet him!
Oh, and Nancy took the photos, not me. Sorry...I forgot my camera that night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...