Finally I'm posting some pictures of our home for all of you out-of-towners. We have LOVED being in our new house! Decorating has been more of a challenge then I thought. I was confident with my ability to decorate until we bought our first home and I began actually spending money on furniture and decor vs just making due with things that had been given to us. We honestly had never bought furniture before because of school and moving across the country and back. Also this house was completely beige. Every single room. It's been fun and challenging to have such a blank slate! I am feeling more and more confident and I love what I have done. It's still a work in progress but here's what we have so far.
For Ehlana's Room I chose lavender with black and white toile. Her dresser I found on Craig's list at a boutique and her lamp was a house warming gift from my mother-in-law. Ehlana loves her pretty purple room.
For Ehlana's Room I chose lavender with black and white toile. Her dresser I found on Craig's list at a boutique and her lamp was a house warming gift from my mother-in-law. Ehlana loves her pretty purple room.
Jaxson's room is one of my favorite rooms in the house. My Aunt Kathy helped me pick the paint colors (and helped paint most of the rooms in my house.) I chose a "road trip" theme complete with maps and old licence plates.
Kids bathroom.
I am completely obsessed with the TV show Sarah's House on HGTV. The designer, Sarah Richardson, always chooses a fabric and designs a room around it. I have loved that idea and have found myself doing the same thing. Here's the chair fabric that inspired our Family Room.
Our formal living room/dining room has been the most challenging for me. I have gone through three different curtains and I have countless decorative pillows now living in a closet because I have changed my mind so much. I still have more to do (especially with the fireplace mantel.) I found this pillow fabric in the Ballard Designs catalog. I love their style! (But it's pretty pricey.) I found them for much less on Etsy and have designed this room around them. I have finally settled on curtains and I'm excited to keep adding to this room.
5 comments:
Way to go on the house decorating! It's fun when you get to do whatever you want:) I love the license plates and your big square ottoman - plus the inspired fabric chair, and oh so many things, haha!! Let me know how you're doing and if you are needing a little extra help sometime: t_kpope@hotmail.com
The living/dining look great--I like the new curtains.
SO CUTE! I hadn't seen the kiddos rooms finished, and I love it :) I totally relate to the clean slate thing... its intimidating. But the more rooms I finish, the more excited I am to start the ones that don't have anything done yet lol.
You've done a fabulous job! It's so nice to have money to spend I"m sure!
Beautiful! I would totally hire you to do my house! Your kids are sure growing up and good luck with #3!
Post a Comment