Valentine's Day is one of my favorite Holidays. Steve and I don't usually get each other gifts aside from candy and flowers. (Flowers for me, candy for him.) Instead we always enjoy going on a special date. This year Steve had some Huskies Basketball tickets from a patient of his and the game happened to be the week before Valentine's Day. My parents watched the kids and we went up to Seattle and visited my brother Dean who is a student at the University of Washington. We toured the institute building and visited his house. We then went to dinner and to the game. I'm not generally interested in sports but I do enjoy going to sporting events (especially if they are good) the game was really fun the Huskies crushed the other team. We came home to sleeping kids and a quiet house. What a wonderful night with my wonderful husband!
Valentines Day morning I invited some friends over for pancakes in their pajamas. My kids loved waking up to balloons and their friends coming over. That evening I made a delicious steak dinner complete with homemade onion rings, roasted veggies, and garlic mashed potatoes. I bribed the kids to watch a movie in Jaxson's room so Steve came home to a quiet house and a romantic dinner. It was a great day and a good excuse to do something special for the people I love most.
No comments:
Post a Comment