My little boy is growing up. He turned 6 years old yesterday. Every year I let him pick a cake from my cake decorating book and that is his party theme. This year he picked a alien cake so we did an "out of this world space party". I found a really cute moon cake on pintrest. It was really easy and Jaxson didn't care if it was a moon or space ship cake. We had his friend party last week. He was so excited.
After 6 years I have birthday parties down to a science.
First, the kids have a good old fashion balloon fight.
Then, they decorated space ships.
Next, they tried to land the space ships on the earth and the moon.
(As I was making the earth Jaxson said, "Don't forget Madagascar, Mom." I said, "Where is Madagascar?" He said, "Next to Africa." Sometimes it's humbling having a 6 year old that is smarter than me.)
Then, it was time to open presents. I have each child sit next to Jaxson as he opens their gift. They were so cute about it.
After presents it was time for cake.
Finally, the kids got to do what every kid wants to do at a birthday party... play with the toy they brought!
Jakob played with all the packaging.
Ehlana went upstairs to watch a movie.
All the kids had a great time and Jaxson played with his new toys the rest of the day.
Yesterday was his actual birthday. He took cookies to school and then we had a family party with pizza, cookies, and presents.
Thanks to all our family who sent cards and gifts! Jaxson loved them!
I can't believe it was 6 years ago (the day before Thanksgiving) that I became a mother. Jaxson is smart, curious, funny, sensitive, and caring. He has helped me become a better person. I could have never imagined how much this little boy would change my life and how much I would love him. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful son.
Happy birthday, buddy boy. We love you a million, billion, zillion.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jaxson!!! And great job on that cake Delee!!!
I LOVE the spaceship idea. You really are a master at birthday parties!
Post a Comment