“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Priorities

Last week at church a woman gave a wonderful talk about Priorities. She gave an analogy of trying to fit different sized rocks into a glass jar. If you put all the small rocks in first and then the bigger rocks, they won't all fit. If you put the big rocks in first then let all of the little rocks fill in the gaps, they will all fit. Do the most important things first. I needed that reminder. I made a visual aid for myself and put it next to my bed.
Hopefully I can begin each day doing the things that matter most.


"Our priorities are most visible in how we use our time. Someone has said, 'Three things never come back—the spent arrow, the spoken word, and the lost opportunity.' We cannot recycle or save the time allotted to us each day. With time, we have only one opportunity for choice, and then it is gone forever."
~Elder Dallin H. Oaks an Apostle of Jesus Christ.

My Conference Edition Ensign Magazine finally arrived! I'm so excited. To read my favorite talk from this last General Conference go here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...