“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

I love Valentine's day. It's a great reminder to do something special for the people you love. Our day was pretty typical but I tried to make it special for the kids and Steve. They woke up to a "heart attack" on their bedroom doors and balloons in the hallway. They were so excited.



I made eggs and heart shaped toast for breakfast and then we were off and running. Jaxson and Ehlana went to school and I went to the YMCA then came home and showered and got ready in record time. Jaxson rode the bus home with a friend so I could go to Ehlana's class for a little party. She then had a friend over and they played until I had to pick up Jaxson. I needed to make cake pops for a youth activity Wednesday night so I thought I had enough time to make the cake pops, clean the house, feed the kids, and have dinner waiting on the table for Steve when he got home. So I thought. The cake pops took for.ev.er. It turns out I didn't know what I was doing and after watching a couple tutorials online and borrowing some things from my neighbor I got the hang of it and finished. Steve then called to tell me he was on his way home.
My kitchen was a disaster.


First attempts.

A few hours later.


Seriously. I started to sweat. I hurried as fast as I could to get dinner on and clean up the craziness. I honestly considered throwing in the towel and going out to dinner but my steak had been marinating all day and I really wanted to eat it. I made queso, steak, garlic potatoes and sauteed green beans. I had a surprise of sees chocolates for dessert. Dinner turned out great despite it being a little late. We put the kids to bed and watched a movie Steve had brought home for me. We like our Valentine's day to be low key and simple. (It's a better way of saying we are too cheap to buy expensive gifts for each other.) It turned out to be a great day.
Having kids makes holidays so much fun and I love having a wonderful husband to celebrate Valentine's day with. I am very loved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...