“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Standing Man

Jakob is 10 months old and has recently mastered going from his hands and knees to sitting and pulling himself up to standing. He can now effectively crawl to the toy box, pull himself up, take out a toy, and sit down to play with it. At first, pulling himself up required all of his strength and concentration. Now it is getting easier and easier for him. It is really cute to watch him try so hard to learn something new.
Ehlana the "helicopter" loves that Jakob can play more and she uses him as her live prop whenever he lets her. She spends a lot of time taking toys from him and telling him that he can't have things because he might choke. I have to remind her that she's not the Mommy.








Jakob is also growing two top teeth and he's learning a couple signs. He can sign "more" and "all done" but most of the time he just throws his food on the floor. A couple days ago he came down with a pretty bad cold. He was up in the night from 1am-4am. The next day he was pretty tired and miserable. Yesterday he woke up from sleeping through the night (thanks to our new humidifier) and seemed to be feeling a little better. I went to a bridal shower and when I got home he looked a lot worse. Steve said he played on the floor for a little while and then just laid down on the floor. I took him to the doctor and he seemed to be getting worse and worse. He just laid on my shoulder trying to breathe. He has an ear infection and RSV. I have never seen a baby so sick. Steve gave him a blessing last night and he slept from 7:30pm to 8:30 this morning. He is feeling a lot better today and is playing with his toys. I hope we're over the worst. It's so hard to see him so sick. Poor little guy.

2 comments:

Pogue Fam said...

I LOVE your kids! They are so stinking cute! Tell Jakob he has a friend, I looked at Maddox's top gums yesterday and two little ridges were poking through! Yay for teeth lol :) And yay for standing! I'm getting excited for that stage. A little independence is a nice thing :) So glad he is feeling better!!!!

Tyrell Berner said...

Hopefully he's feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...