The beginning of a new season always inspires me to look at different areas of my life that need improvement. This Summer is no exception. I have spent some time being swept up in this blog http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ She is amazing! As most of you know I am a bit of a health nut. I believe in eating real food in it's purest form. I eat vegetables at almost every meal, I juice a couple times a week and I think eating fast food (or feeding it to your children) is a little like smoking a cigarette. (It's addictive and can cause diseases that will kill you.) But, man this blog makes me seem mild! I mean I do eat regular cheese and I buy my produce from Wal-Mart (gasp!) Even though I'm not as dedicated as she is, I find her ideas to be fascinating and her blog to be very educational and inspiring. I also have a friend who is beginning her own journey to a healthy lifestyle. She has created a new blog that I am excited about http://sixtoawesome.blogspot.com/. The thing I love about Heather is she's real, genuine and honest. I find that to be inspiring. For myself and my family I am trying to be more committed to eating healthy. I have also loved rereading the talks from General Conference. This is one of my favorites. I want to focus more on what really matters and having children helps me to do that.
One of the great discoveries of parenthood is that we learn far more about what really matters from our children than we ever did from our parents. We come to recognize the truth in Isaiah’s prophecy that
“a little child shall lead them.”
“a little child shall lead them.”
I am so grateful for my family and all the amazing people in my life who inspire me to be the best that I can be. I'm looking forward to a fun and productive summer.
Even if all I do is play with my kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment