“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Tale of Two Teeth

Right before we left on our vacation to UT Jaxson got his first wiggly tooth. He was so excited! I noticed he had another tooth growing in behind it so when we got back from UT and it hadn't come out I took him to the dentist. They said it needed to be pulled and they would also pull the one next to it for more space. We made an appointment for a week later and we tried to wiggle it out ourselves (so we wouldn't have to pay the dentist to pull it) but it didn't work. So Jaxson went in and got two teeth pulled. And to my surprise he did great! He got $4 from the tooth fairy and was very excited to join the "big kids who have lost teeth" club. Honestly I think it's a really awkward and not very attractive stage of life but my opinion is irrelevant. He thinks it's awesome.


A couple days later he said, "Is the tooth fairy really real or are you the tooth fairy?" I said, "Do you think it's real or just something fun to pretend?" He said, "Just something fun to pretend." I said, "You're right. But, don't tell your sister yet. She still wants to believe." So, that was short lived. If only that meant the tooth fairy did have to leave money for the rest of his teeth.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love that you were honest with him, there's nothing I feel worse about than lying to my kids, even if its for fun! haha I never remember having a big let down when I finally figured out those things weren't true because my parents didn't focus so much on it, so thats what we try to do. I think your answer was perfect! :) Congrats Jaxson on joining the club! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...