“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Festivities 2012

 Christmas is almost here and we have been busy getting ready for it! Ehlana is the most excited about it. She is really into her elf on the shelf this year that she got from her cousin, Kate.


 I on the other hand, am not totally into the elf on the shelf considering there have been many mornings when I realize I forgot to "help" the elf and I had to sneak downstairs without getting caught. There have also been a couple times I have remembered in the middle of the night and gotten up to move him. But, Ehlana is very excited about him and loves him dearly. I have finally gotten a system down so I don't have a minor panic attack every morning. She is also very excited about Santa and has about 1,723 questions about him. How did he get here? Where are his reindeer? Why does he wear a red suit? Why does he have a belt? Does Santa know Jesus? For Christmas she wants a dream light pillow pet, a makeup box, and anything she is currently watching a commercial for on TV. 


Last week she had her Christmas preschool program. She did a great job even though she was kind of distracted with all the parents there. 




Jaxson is not as dazzled by Santa this year. He also caught on pretty quick about the elf on the shelf. He is too much of a realist to believe in such stories. He doesn't know what he wants for Christmas, it changes everyday. He likes playing Christmas songs on the piano and having a break from school. 


Jakob is the typical 1 1/2 year old when it comes to Christmas. He loves the tree and all the lights. He hasn't unwrapped any presents yet, but he does rip off the bows and he has chewed quite a few of my little glitter decor balls. Apparently they taste delicious. He didn't like sitting on Santa's lap. At all. But he loves singing Christmas carols and he walks around the house singing Jingle bells. It melts my heart.


The other day he put bubbles on his chin and said, "Ho ho ho!"


As for us grown ups, we went to Steve's work Christmas party at a car museum. It was a pretty fun venue and we got to try the racing simulator.




Earlier this month we had our annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party! It was a small group this year but we had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I only got one picture of the entire night. I am really disappointed that I didn't get a group picture. Or any pictures of the awesome white elephant gifts. They were epic this year! We had a hand made (by Nancy) bright yellow "Obama and Binden 2012" quilt, an intricate shell mirror hand made by the Christensen's grandmother, and two of the weirdest crocheted dolls I have ever seen!


I came up with a memorable and practical gift this year. We ordered a 2013 calendar. Featuring us. And our cat. 
I'm sure you are dying to see all 12 months of us so here they are!

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October
(My personal favorite)

November

December


We are now officially ready for Christmas Day! 

3 comments:

Heidi B. said...

Where can I get a copy of that calendar??? Haha...love it!!!!!

Melinda said...

I thought kids aren't supposed to touch the Elf on the Shelf or he loses his magic?! haha
I DIED over your calendar!! That is so awesome and hilarious, I bet someone gets a good laugh all year long, every time they flip to a new month! LOVE IT! hahahaha

Tyrell Berner said...

LOVE the calendar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...