“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas 2012

This year was a simple and memorable Christmas. As we have done in years past we talked to the kids about the true meaning of Christmas and had a special lesson about our savior, Jesus Christ. Sometime later we were driving in the car and listening to Christmas music when a song came on singing, "Happy birthday, Jesus." Jaxson says, "Mom, when is Jesus' birthday?" I guess he wasn't really understanding the true meaning of Christmas! After another discussion about it I think Jaxson and Ehlana are finally starting to get it. 

(The Sunday before Christmas.)


Christmas Eve we had our traditional Jesus supper with my family. We eat the food that Jesus ate and talk about His birth and life. Then we read the story of Christ's birth from the Bible and sing carols. The kids actually ate the food this year and enjoyed singing the carols!


Christmas morning the kids woke up early and got into their stockings.  (Santa leaves them at the end of their beds.) We had asked them not to wake us up until 7:30 and so they watched a movie, ate all their candy, and painted and glittered a craft project all over the bathroom before they came and woke us up. We didn't have any super exciting gifts for the kids this year but they were very happy with what they got. 
I married my husband for his many wonderful talents and abilities, photography is not one of them. "I'll just use my phone. It takes better pictures than the camera"....










 (I took this one. The only one that doesn't look like it was taken in 1985.)

We spent the rest of the day with my family having Christmas breakfast, Christmas dinner, opening more gifts, and playing games. The highlight was skyping with my brother, Carl, who is serving a mission in Brazil. It was a relaxing and fun day.

The next day we went to Seattle and bought Steve a "Christmas present." This is one present that we were more excited about than the kids!



1 comment:

Pogue Fam said...

Hahaha, I love this post more than words lol! You crack me up. I've asked Lee to take Christmas morning pics in years past.... but NONE of them end up turning out, and then he misses out on all the fun, so this year I skipped it all together haha. NICE CAR btw!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...