“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Warning: Do Not Put Lime-A-Way In Your Eyes
Yesterday was a bad day. At about 9am Jaxson was already off to school I was finishing getting ready for the day while Jakob was toddling around me. I left my bathroom and went to the laundry room to start some laundry and said, "Come on, Jakob." I got the laundry in and as I came out of the laundry room I saw Jakob coming out of my bedroom holding the bottle of Lime-a-way (bathroom cleaner) towards his face, rubbing his eyes and starting to cry. I grabbed him and laid him in my bath tub (pj's and all) and began pouring cold water into his eyes while he's screaming. After a few minutes I got him out, took off his wet clothes, and dried him off. He seemed fine after that. He wasn't crying or rubbing his eyes. I called the doctor's office and they didn't have an appointment until 3pm. I wish I would have been more persistent. I don't think the receptionist understood what I was telling her. I told her I didn't want to wait until 3pm I would just take him to urgent care right then. We got there a little before 10am. I was hoping we would be in and out of there in an hour so I could still volunteer in Jaxson's class at 11:45. Nope. I waited (with two very bored children) for over and hour and a half before we were placed in a room. I had no toys with me. Just a ziplock bag with some stale pretzels and a fruit leather. Once the doctor came in she said he looked good and whatever I did at home had helped. She still wanted to flush his eyes, check the pH balance of his eyes, and check for any scratches or blemishes with a black light. One of the MA's and I had to hold Jakob down while we did all three of the procedures. He was screaming hysterically and I was holding back the tears. His eyes looked fine. His pH was only slightly elevated and the doctor said to watch him close and follow up with my pediatrician in a couple days. We didn't get home until 1pm. We were tired and hungry and glad to be home. My mom took Ehlana for the afternoon and Jakob took a long nap. I was a zombie the rest of the day trying to get things done. Jakob is fine now. I'm so glad it wasn't serious. Steve put baby locks on our bathroom cabinets last night. And now I know what your doctor will do if you put Lime-a-way in your eyes. Trust me. It's not fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um I WISH I had read this sooner and gotten you some chocolate or something in exchange for that DELICIOUS meal! What a nightmare! I'm SO So glad he is ok, but I feel for you completely. I HATE waiting in doctors offices, even when its just myself. Times ten with I have kiddos with me... and I even make Lee take them for their shots cuz I can't handle it :( Maddox has figured out all our child locks already, so I opted for making home made cleaners that are pretty stinkin safe. It's saved me a few headaches I'm sure!
Post a Comment