“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day this year was lovely. Jaxson and Ehlana were so excited to give me their gifts that they had made at school and church, Ehlana had her preschool Mother's Day program, and Steve bought me a new crockpot. (I had been wanting one since my old one died a couple months ago.) Jaxson gave me a "poem". His teacher had asked him questions about me and his answers were cute.

My Mother by Jaxson (7)

My mother has blue eyes and blonde hair.
My mother likes to cook.
My mother does not like to get angry.
My mother is the prettiest when she wears her church clothes.
I like best for her to cook pigs in a blanket.
I don't like it when she cooks... Nothing! I like salad now!
She likes me to help her set the table.
When I am nice she helps me clean my room.
When I am naughty she puts me in timeout.
I have the best mother in the world because she cooks really good!

Ehlana came out of her church class yelling, "I have a surprise for you! DON'T LOOK AT IT!" When she got home she ran straight to her room and hid it. It was a book of drawings of her and me and on the back was some questions she had answered about me.

My Mom by Ehlana (5)

My mom likes to watch TV
My mom is good at cooking.
What I love about my mom is she tickles my arms and legs.
My mom is special because I love her.
My mom always says, "Stop hitting Jakob!" and "Guess what I love? You!"
What is something nice you are going to do for your mom on Mother's Day?
Be nice to Jakob.

Ehlana's Mother's Day program at preschool was cute. She was a frog for one of the songs. She also did really well with her hula hoop routine. She takes her performances very seriously! I could barely get a smile out of her. 








Here's some cute videos of Ehlana and Jakob.
Ehlana "reading" to Jakob.


Ehlana and Jakob singing.


I love it when they sing this song. (I didn't get the lead in my high school musical my senior year and I was really disappointed. I kinda wish I could have acted like this....)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...