“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Friday, October 11, 2013

Gender Reveal

It's a....



BOY!


I was in complete shock when I found out. I knew that I wanted a girl. But I didn't realize how much I thought it was a girl-- that is until I saw the ultra sound and was completely speechless! I guess I just pictured us with 2 boys and 2 girls. We had a girl name all picked out, but we couldn't decide on a boy name. I had a girl room all decorated in my head. (Yellow walls with black and white toile bedding, and red accents.) So, how did I not see this coming? Really?!? It's a boy?!?!

What is it about boys? Since the beginning of time women have wanted to give birth to sons. They see at it as a blessing from God. Boys carry on the family name. And lets face it-- little boys love their mothers.

Right after my appointment I went to the store to buy blue cupcakes and balloons. All they had were pink cupcakes. Lots and lots of pink cupcakes. I bought chocolate cupcakes and blue sprinkles. I just kept laughing to myself and thinking, "I can't believe I am going to have three boys."

The kids were thrilled with the little gender reveal present. Accept Ehlana. She really wanted a little sister. As the day went on and Steve and I talked more and more about this little boy coming to our family (and tried to decide on a name) I became more and more excited and at peace with it. After all there is something special about the fact that God has entrusted me with three sons. Steve is thrilled to have three sons to carry on the family name, and that our boys will have brothers to grow up with. (He was the only boy in his family of 4 girls.) My boys have always been "mama's boys". I love that. And I like boys. I have always liked boys.

2 comments:

Pogue Fam said...

This is so cute :) I'm already planning a baby shower for you in my head... I hope thats ok ;)

The Warnick Family said...

congratulations! I always thought I wanted a girl too. Now 17 years into having just boys I really love it. It is also so fun to be friends with moms of all the girls my boys think are awesome. And those moms think my boys are so cute and fun. It's really kind of fun! Ehlana is going to just love the boy no matter what. She's such a cutie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...