“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jaxson is going to be a Big Brother!



We're PREGNANT! And very excited to add another baby to our family! We apparently have perfect timing and the baby's due May 10th, just after Steve finishes his year of classroom studies and starts his rotation year. Which makes the baby just 7 weeks old. If I choose to have a C-section then I'll probably have the baby a week to a week and a half early. I'm still undecided about whether I'll have another C-section or try a VBAC (vaginal birth after C-section.)I'm studying up on the Internet trying to get as much information as possible but I have yet to really discuss it with my doctor.
This pregnancy has already proven quite different then my first. Luckily I'm not as sick! Yippee! With Jaxson I started throwing up at 5 weeks and continued to throw up almost everyday until a couple days after I had him, I don't recommend throwing up after having a C-section.... Extremely painful! But I've only had basic nausea which seems to be under control with a lot of rest and eating almost continuously. I'd like to think this is due to the fact that my body is much healthier than with Jaxson. I started eating healthy, exercising regularly, and taking prenatals as well as an extra B vitamin long before I got pregnant. It seems to be working okay. Almost anything is better than last time. I think being able to stay home instead of working full-time at a stressful job is helping as well.
I've already loved my experience with my OB here. My first appointment was at six weeks (in Utah they won't see you until you're 12 weeks.)And they've done 2 ultra sounds. At this last one we saw the heart beating which means my chance of not bringing home a baby drops to only 3%. That's very comforting. I have another ultrasound next week so they can measure the baby, or little peanut, and give me a really accurate due date.
So, in the pictures there's a black oval and in the top of it the baby looks like the number 8. Isn't it so cute?!
Jaxson doesn't really understand what's going on, if I ask him where Mommy's baby is he points to his stomach. It's really cute. I hope he understands more as he gets older, he'll be 2 & 1/2 when the new baby comes.

3 comments:

Terra said...

Hooray! I hope it's a girl.

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Congratulations! Matt and I are so excited for you guys. And I am glad to hear that things seem to be easier this time around. I hope it stays that way!

Bright Beginnings said...

Congrats! I was hoping to see this message up soon! We are so excited for you and happy that you are feeling a lot better this time. It didn't click to Caden that we had a new baby until we brought Lola home and she was always around. Now I have a hard time getting Caden off of her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...