I am exhausted! I enjoyed my stay at the hospital for the most part. What we didn't know about this hospital is that they don't have a nursery for the babies. They just stay with you in your room the whole time. I guess was spoiled with the other kids because when I had them the nurses took them a lot. Especially Ehlana. Steve was home with the Jaxson and at night the nurses had Ehlana in the nursery and they would bring her to me when she needed to eat. We had just assumed this hospital would be the same so we planned for Steve to go back to work the day after Jakob was born and I stayed at the hospital by myself. The nights were awful! I couldn't get out of bed so I was bed ridden with a baby on my lap all night. The Nurses were in and out and one actually helped me burp him at one point but other than that it was up to me to deal with diapers, spit up, swaddling, fussy-ness, etc all with a giant incision on my abdomen. I got maybe a half an hour of sleep here and there. One Dr gave me the option to come home yesterday and I jumped on it! Steve has today and all of next week off so I can heal. My other Dr wasn't thrilled with me coming home a day early and he gave me strict instructions to stay on bed rest for 2 days. No problem! Bed rest is a lot easier when you have someone to help you with your baby! Last night Jakob did pretty well. He eats really well and he did pretty good sleeping in his own bed. He was up for a couple hours at one point but Steve had him so I could sleep. He finally slept for 3 hours straight but Ehlana woke up crying because she had to go to the bathroom.... poor Steve had to get up again. Luckily all the kids stayed in bed until 8:30 so we got some sleep this morning. Jakob is so sweet. Even though I'm tired, I'm so happy to be home with my family! Here's some more photos from the hospital.





4 comments:
I'm so glad you got to go home early! It would be hard doing those first nights alone. He is SUCH a cute little boy! I love the pictures!
Congratulations! What a cutie!
The hospital we ended up at has the same policy!! What are they thinking!! He is a cutie! I am jealous that Steve is so helpful. Jeremy is great... Lets just say I do a lot the moment I get home.
I'm pretty sure most hospitals are moving away from the nursery thing...at least the different hospitals i was at for my boys didn't have one. They encourage baby sleeping in your room...but you can ask them to take the baby and i think they will. There are always nurses in the NICU so i know that is where they took my boys to sleep.
Post a Comment