“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Saturday, October 29, 2011

What Do You Do In The Autumn Time?

Jaxson LOVES school and learning. He comes home from kindergarten happy and with all kinds of art projects. He loves numbers and writing. He tries to spell everything and he does a pretty good job. He also loves anatomy and astronomy. He gets out Steve's anatomy books and asks me a million questions. Some of which I have to answer, "Ask Daddy when he gets home." He asks everyday to do homework. The other day I said, "If you clean your room then we can do some homework." He quickly cleaned his room. I hope it lasts into his teenage years! Slim chance. Even though he loves school he is tired by the end of the week. He says, "I don't like having school 5 days." It's fun to watch him enjoy learning new things.
Here are two of my favorite art projects he's done.



Ehlana likes preschool the normal amount. :) She sings songs and loves to paint. At home she plays with Jakob, dresses up, and sets up tea parties. Her and Jaxson make piles of blankets and pillows and jump off the ottoman onto them calling it a "swimming pool". Sometimes they actually get their swimsuits on. It's too funny.

Baby Jakob is 7 months old today! He is sleeping better, rolling all over, and eating solids well. He loves watching Ehlana and Jaxson play. He's really easy going. He loves baths and pony rides. And we love him.

Autumn always makes me want to bake. I love to cook. (That is nothing new.) This summer we bought a grill and I was obsessed with it. Now that the weather is colder I have been making soups and baking more. I made homemade chicken pot pie the other night. It was soooo good. I made two of them and used them as freezer meals. Sunday I made a Ham for the first time in the oven. (Not the pre-cooked kind.) It was delicious. I'm still working on my cookbook. I have over 80 recipes and my goal is 100. I love the weather change because my kids sleep so much better! The mornings are cold which means driving Jaxson to the bus stop, then Ehlana goes to school, then I go to the YMCA or run errands with Jakob. The mornings are busy but our afternoons are easy going.

For Steve the only change during the Fall is Football. He plays in his family's fantasy football league and is actually winning this year! Go Team! This is also his 3rd year being the Team Physician for a local high school football team. And they are actually winning this year! Go Team! He usually just stands on the side lines in the rain. One game a kid partially dislocated his shoulder so Steve got to put it back in for him. He was excited to have some action! And the kid was fine and went back in.

So, that's what we do in the Autunm time. Halloween is Monday, then Jaxson's Birthday next month, and then it's Christmas Time! I love this time of year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...