“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jakob's First Birthday

Today our sweet little boy turned one year old. He looks like a toddler. He acts like a toddler. It's so sad he's growing up so fast. On the flip side Steve and I LOVE one year olds! It's our favorite stage and I'm excited to watch him grow into such a wonderful little boy. Jakob is an adorable, sweet, easy going little guy. Our family wouldn't be complete without him. We love him so much.

His birthday started off with balloons and pancakes. The rest of the day I got ready for his party while Jaxson and Ehlana were at school. I stayed up late last night finishing his cake. It was a huge pain and nothing was going right. (I hate decorating cakes. So, why do I choose to do it every time one of my kids have a birthday?!) I was exhausted this morning but I was happy with the way it turned out. Ahhh, sweet success.



I used a vanilla version of this cake recipe  (with out the choc chips) 
and marshmallow fondant.
I baked the cake in a 9" round and a 9x13 pan but it turned out too thin so I made another and layered them. If I did it again I would double the cake. And the icing I made didn't turn out so I used a store bought frosting underneath the fondant.
The rest of the party was easy and everyone had fun. Especially Jakob.



















You might want to turn your volume down or you'll get an ear full of my "mommy voice" Just warning ya.


2 comments:

Amber said...

Your cake turned out great! I loved the video of him eating his cake. Wish we could have been there!

Jennifer Velazquez said...

What a cute cake Delee! It looks great. I'm very impressed! I'm scared of fondant! And I love the photo garland idea...I'm going to steal it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...