“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. The kids woke up to their baskets in their bedrooms which allowed us to sleep in until 8am! It was very nice. After we drug ourselves out of bed we went downstairs and hunted for eggs. Jakob was so cute. He found one orange egg and was happy as can be. Next we ate a big breakfast and then I played hide the eggs with the kids while Steve cleaned up the kitchen. Steve then played games with Jaxson and I played some Easter hymns on the piano. We got ready for church and took a couple pictures in our Sunday best. (While bribing the children with candy.) Our church meetings were wonderful. Jaxson gave a talk in primary and Ehlana came home and retold us the story of the Resurrection or as she says, "The reexcr... ressutut.... oh, I can't say that word." It was adorable. Afterward we went to my parents house for Easter dinner. My brother, Dean, his girlfriend, Maggie, and his roommate, Bryan, came for dinner. After dinner my brother, Neil, and his wife, Amber, came over. Lucky for us they are in town for Amber's sister's wedding and we have been able to spend some time with them and their baby, Preston. It was a lovely day and it made me miss my siblings who weren't there.
I am so grateful the Gospel in my life and for the knowledge of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know my Savior lives and that through his Atonement I can return to live with my Father in Heaven someday.

“I declare my personal witness that death has been conquered, victory over the tomb has been won. May the words made sacred by Him who fulfilled them become actual knowledge to all. Remember them. Cherish them. Honor them.
He is risen.
-President Thomas S. Monson













1 comment:

Amber said...

Love this! You all look so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...