“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Just Another Saturday

Today was supposed to be "the best day ever!" according to Ehlana. It was supposed to be the day of her pink princess birthday party. We had to reschedule it because she is sick. Instead I am cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming the upstairs and doing a couple loads of throw-up laundry. The children are playing on the piano and racing through the house. Jakob is following me around and unloading the bathroom drawers. I finally put him in Ehlana's room and closed the door. Steve is at the hospital. He said he only had 5 patients to see and he'd be home in an hour. It's been 2 and a half. Sigh. Today is not going as planned. This week was really busy getting back from vacation, planning for the party etc. I feel like my house is a mess no matter how much time I spend cleaning. And then I wonder what it would have been like if we had built our "dream house". At the time I was so sure that's what I wanted. I was so disappointed when the appraisal on the land came back so low and we could no longer agree on a price. We bought this house as a "starter home" and planned on building our dream house one day. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking. An acre of land and a 3,500 sq foot house? That's a lot to manage. I no longer long for the giant house and the huge yard. I'm so happy with where we are. Things don't always turn out as I originally planned. But, it's not always a bad thing. Today I listened to Stephanie and Christian Nielson's Conversation on the Mormon Channel as I was cleaning. They are so inspiring. And I said a little prayer of gratitude for today being just another Saturday.

1 comment:

Tyrell Berner said...

I love this post.

I feel like life often goes in all other directions than the one you 'planned' but when you look back you realize that it really isn't/wasn't so bad and you're actually kind-of grateful for the way it's going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...