“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Friday, September 14, 2012

Camping-ish

On Labor Day weekend we crashed the campsite of our dear friends, the Morgans. I was supposed to reserve our campsite at Mt Rainier months in advance but my procrastination got the best of me and a month before Labor Day everything was full. So we decided to meet them for a day-trip of camping. Which isn't really camping at all except you get dirty, cook everything on a fire, and only have disgusting public restrooms to use.
We have been friends with Kyle and Diane for almost 10 years. Diane and I met while working at Stan's Diner in Provo, UT. I hadn't met Steve yet and Diane's future husband was serving a mission in Taiwan. Her and I became instant friends along with our two other best friends, Eleanor and Mala. The four of us were all married within a year of each other and became married college students. Soon after all of us girls quit working at Stan's Diner and moved on to bigger and better things. The four of us couples were inseparable those few years at BYU. It was the best.  

The Girls
Mala, Eleanor, Me, and Diane. 
(I'm sorry I had to do this to you, Mala! It was the only picture I had of us all together.) 

The Boys
Steve, Kyle, Greg, and Kuni 
I told you we had the best times together!

Soon after Eleanor and Mala had beautiful baby boys. We were all very smitten with them. 

As it happens, most of us moved to other parts of the country and our lives have become busier. We don't see each other very often. But, Kyle and Diane have been the glue that holds us together and when they invited us to meet up with them we were very excited. It had been two years since we had last seen them and two and a half years since we stayed at their house and our kids had really played together. But, as it is with all great friends time and distance don't matter.  

Asher and Ehlana 

Jaxson, Asher, Ehlana and Evan
The twins are 2 years old 


 Jed-5 and Jaxson-6

Ehlana, Lyla, and Jed 

 Ehlana and Lyla are just 2 weeks apart 



Jakob loved playing in the dirt (and eating of course)



The men making the fire

We also went on a hike at Mt Rainier. It was challenging with all the kids and Jakob in a stroller but we made it all the way!




The kids were pretty tired. Ehlana complained a lot and poor Lyla had shoes that were hurting her feet.

Jaxson however was in his element. He ran ahead of us the whole time and wasn't tired at all. Crazy kid.






We had a great day. The weather was perfect, the kids loved being together, and Steve and I got to spend the day with our wonderful friends. Hopefully it won't be two years before we spend time together again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...