Today Jaxson had his first day of first grade. It was wonderful. I think he liked it, too. A few days ago we had some friends over for a back to school fashion show and play date. The kids had a lot of fun walking the runway and posing in their new school clothes.
Ehlana
Kaden
Addie
Lea
Anna Kate
Zoe
Kennedi
Jaxson
Adria
This morning we woke up bright and early and I made rainbow waffles and blueberry smoothies for breakfast.
I am one of those people who loves pictures of kids lunch boxes. So here's Jaxson's FIRST school lunch EVER!
Whole wheat banana bread muffins with honey butter, (recipe here) hard boiled eggs, and fruit leather.
Whole wheat banana bread muffins with honey butter, (recipe here) hard boiled eggs, and fruit leather.
Standard back to school photo.
And then he got silly.
And then it was time to go. Instead of having a back to school night this year our school encouraged the parents to come to class with their child for the first hour of school today. I got to help Jaxson find his place in line, meet his teacher, and get settled at his desk. He came home off the bus happy but was pretty cranky when it came to answering my questions about how his day was. He had a slight melt down within 10 minutes of walking in the door. I think having a full day of school will be a little adjustment. But, he said he loves having two recesses and he later told me more about his friends and said his teacher is nice. I'd like to take a moment and thank her for entertaining my child for 7 hours today. It was lovely.
3 comments:
Dude some of those girls got MOVES! haha It was so funny, Maddie got in the car and I was asking her about her day, at one point she was like "remember how you told me to play with Jaxson at recess, well he didn't play with me." so I asked her if she asked him to play with her and she was like "no." So I had to explain to her that you know, people don't just play with you usually when you don't even ask them. What a weirdo! haha I was about ready to have a full on melt down this morning, so tell Jaxson I understand! ;)
I totally stole your fashion show idea. And as you can tell the girls loved it! That's funny Maddie said that. Jaxson said he ran around the field with some boys at recess. I don't know if she's into that kind of thing. :) We will have to get them together soon!
Thanks for posting those photos. I love them! I can't even imagine my child being gone for 7 hours! Next year will be so fun! Haha.
Post a Comment