When Jaxson was one year old he didn't get into things the way some little boys do. There was the occasional raid of my cupboards and unloading his drawers but he spent most of his time playing with toys or harassing the cat. Now that he's almost 4 he's getting into to stuff all the time! (And jumping on the couch. And throwing rocks.) I no longer wake up to him laying his crib with his Binky and his favorite blanket. Nope. This is what I wake up too.....
He likes to wake up and get himself cereal or crackers from the cupboard. I didn't care. But then he discovered the chocolate chips. I would wake up to chocolate on his bed, carpet, and all over his face. So I bought a child lock. Yes, the first child lock I have ever used! Well the next morning Jaxson climbs into my bed and we're having our morning chat when he says, "I spilled the milk. I spilled twice." Seriously. I don't want to get up. There's probably milk all over my kitchen. Then he says, "There's milk on my bed." I jumped out of bed to find milk all over his bed and the carpet. Not knowing how long it had been there I scrubbed it as best I could and washed all of his bedding. The next morning I put milk in a sippy cup for him and a banana on the table for him to eat. No problems. Yesterday I wake up and Jaxson hasn't come into my room yet.... hummm. Oh no. I forgot to lock the cupboard! Jaxson had found a box of instant pudding and had it all over himself. And his bed. (Which Ehlana found later.) And his room smelled like poo. Really bad. Some mom's would grab the camera. Maybe I will with my sixth child but not with my first. I sent him to the corner and he didn't get to watch his favorite show all day. I cleaned him up. Washed all his bedding. And searched for the smell. I couldn't find it. Steve comes home that evening and says, "Jaxson's room smells terrible." I said, " I know it smells like poo but I can't find anything." Steve says, "No, it smells like rotten milk. I remember that smell from college."
Boys are so GROSS!
6 comments:
Ohhhhh boy, Delee I'm really sorry. Maybe we should lock Tommy and Jaxson up (with a lot of instant pudding and milk) and just let them fend for themselves until they're like 5...or 18.
hahaha. I am sorry. I only can laugh because I just KNOW that this is my life in a few years! Thanks for sharing! It made me nervous and smile all at the same time.
Ooooh Delee I am SO sorry! It's amazing what one little person can do. I hope he gets over this phase soon... for your sake. (And I DO NOT blame you for the no pictures! Who thinks of that in such messes?!)
Eeeeeeeeeeew! William is starting to get into the cupboards (he insists on 'helping'). I'm not looking forward to inevitable messes. Boys ARE gross!
Great. I sooooo not looking forward to that at all. And I will stop praying for Jed to go down stairs and play instead of coming into my room.
I hope you got the magnet child locks because the others dont last long and they figure out how to open them. Good Luck with that. ewww
Post a Comment