We have been waiting 78 days for approval on our house. That is 11 weeks. More then 2 and a half months. And leaves us only 3 weeks to close by June 30th for the tax credit. Frustrating! We have finished the inspection, ordered the appraisal, and have our paperwork all ready to go so we can hopefully close fast. We also ordered furniture that was estimated to arrive in 6-8 weeks. It came in less then 2 weeks. So we're paying for a storage unit. Frustrating! I also have our garage and my parent's spare bedroom full of stuff for the house. Just waiting for us to move in. Decorating has been really fun. I have even found some great deals on Craigslist and at garage sales. Our place is feeling smaller by the minute and we've been to the new house at least 4 times. I love it! I can't wait to have more space! And I hope we get in before the 30th! Things are moving along with the process. They have approval on their first mortgage, but since they had 2 mortgages we're waiting on approval on the second. Every week I say this... but maybe we'll get approval this week! We can only hope.
In the meantime we've been having fun. Steve's parents came to visit for a week and it was great. I don't have any pictures but I'll get some from my Mother in law and post them later. We've also had Ward Conference and Stake Conference and we've been able to go to the Temple 3 times in the last month. I have faith that everything will work out and house or no house we are still really blessed. I have to remind myself of that often. Patience is not my best virtue... below are some happier posts for you to enjoy!
3 comments:
Waiting for that approval is the worst! After we finally had approval from both banks we closed in 7 days. Hopefully you can get it by the 30th! Good luck!
11 weeks. I can't believe it's been sooooo long. What are they waiting for? I hope it comes for you soon.
We didn't get our inspection or appraisal before our approval came through. We just set them both up the day we got our approval from the second bank. I hope it happens soon for you. I know how awful it is to wait!
Post a Comment