I witnessed the craziest thing today. I went grocery shopping during quiet time because Steve was home today. (He finally finished his night shifts at the ER. Yeah!) Anyway, I was opening my trunk to get out the groceries and I see a commotion with some birds in the street about 10 feet way from me. I realize a Hawk had just caught a Pigeon! Eeeewwww! The poor Pigeon was still alive and trying to escape! At first I thought I should throw something at the Hawk so the Pigeon could get away. But, then thought the Pigeon is probably already hurt and would die anyway so the hungry Hawk might as well eat him.
Eeeewww! I kept shivering as I watched. Steve came outside to help bring in the groceries. I told him what was going on and he of course thought it was
awesome. He went and got the camera to take some pictures. By this time the Hawk had picked up the pigeon and moved it to our neighbors lawn across the street. He was pulling out the feathers and keeping watch to make sure nothing was going to steal his prey. I still can't believe he was so close to us.


Then the Hawk hops a little and the Pigeon flies away! Go, Pigeon, Go! The Hawk chases it and tries to catch it again in the middle of the street but it got away! I hope it wasn't hurt too bad, but, I can't imagine that it lived after all that. So, here's the Hawk on our other neighbors fence. Still hungry. And I'm still grossed out by the violence of the whole event. I can't handle that kind of stuff, even if it is just nature.
4 comments:
That is amazing! Those pictures are great. I'm glad that the pigeon was able to get away.
I can't believe you were able to watch the whole thing. I know how much you hate birds:) Aren't birds suppose to eat worms, not eachother?
go hawks! Seahawks that is!!!!!
Gross! I can't believe you watched with how much you hate birds!
Post a Comment