“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Sunday, October 26, 2008

We are Washin-tonians!

We're here safe and sound and completely exhausted! What a crazy day we had yesterday. We woke up at 7:00am to tie up some loose ends. We needed to finish some last minute things before our wonderful neighbors, Justin and Liz, took the kids and our friends from the ward came over to help load the moving truck. And then some people from our ward showed up at 7:30am instead of 8:30. So it was a bit crazy trying to get the kids ready and out the door. I was getting Elle ready and Jaxson came in her room and told me he was all Wet. He's gone outside and jumped in mud puddles! I was so mad! I had to dig through our already packed bags to get him some clean clothes. Then at 8:30 a lot more people came and I took the kids to the neighbors. We packed up pretty quickly and I finished some last minute cleaning.
Then at noon we left for the airport. The flights, well, they were two long flights with two kids and a cat. What else can I say? Jaxson did pretty good but wouldn't nap and Elle cried a lot and she only napped for 10 minutes here and there. We got in at 7:00pm (which was 10pm to us.) Steve's bag had been put on another flight and so they said they'd deliver it to us. (Which they did, at 1am in the morning.) Last night Elle still woke up a couple times and Jaxson was up at 4am this morning. Which was 7am to him so he wouldn't go back to sleep. So, we're exhausted and living in an empty house. But, it's been great! I love being with my family and it was great to see so many people at church today. My mom says some people have already submitted my name for callings! I guess that's what happens when you tell everyone you're coming! The Bishop told me I should expect to be busy. Which makes me happy because I love to feel like I'm a part of the ward. I'm really excited to finish painting some things in my house and catch up with friends and family. So far it just feels like we're on vacation. It's still hard to believe we're Washin-tonians!

7 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Welcome Back, so glad to hear you made it safely. Hopefully you dont get too stressed too quickly, moving is hard and you deserve to not be overwhelmed with too much responsibility too quickly. Oh and by the way, I sent you an email with my number a few days ago, but again no rush, just want you to know I'm here whenever you want to hang out.

Emily said...

Wow!!! I'm glad you're there safe and sound. I hope your kids sleep really well tonight!

Rachel, Jamin, Kara, Jace and Bryce said...

Welcome back. I am sure we will be seeing more of you. Relax, have fun unpacking and get ready for a whirlwind since you are just in time for the holidays. Take Care.

Heidi said...

We'll miss you guys. William asked me today if Jaxson was coming over to play. Poor guy, he misses his little friend.

Melinda said...

I'm so excited for you!! I bet it still feels pretty surreal, but congrats on being home and everything went well! Sorry about the plane ride, thats rough! Yay for being in WA!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad that you guys made it ok. I can't wait to come down and hang out with you & your cute family. Hope to see you soon!

Amy said...

Hopefully you are starting to fill settled. My blog is now private send me and email and I'll invite you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...