“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Dream Come True

Jaxson has been wanting a harmonica for quite some time now. He has a kids songs movie that talks about harmonicas and now he pretends just about anything is a harmonica. Cars, train tracks, TV remotes, pencils, just about anything. He picks it up, pretends to play it, and says it's his harmonica. Well we've been wanting to get rid of the night time binky for a while now and I have been putting it off because of vacations, the big boy bed, the fact that I'm pregnant and like to sleep in... Well it's long past due for him to sleep with out it so we got some books from the library and have been talking about it a lot. We had him put his binkies in a bag and put them on the porch to give to the babies. In return he got a Big Boy Gift. It was a Barney stuffed animal and a harmonica! He was so excited!

Here's oneof his funniest "harmonicas" a big block at the children's museum.


And here's the happy boy enjoying his new gift! Don't you just love how excited kids get over the simple things in life!

5 comments:

Terra said...

That's a great idea. I didn't know he liked harmonicas so much--how cute. How is it going without the bink?

The Smith Family said...

I remember the binki days! In our case it was the "bobby"? I dont know why she called them that? Anyway, the first 3 or 4 days were....well not fun, but then after that it was as if she never had a binki before! Good Luck!

Bright Beginnings said...

We got Caden off the binky awhile ago. I wish I did it earlier because it was pretty easy for him. We just took it away and he never asked for it. I surprised he didn't even try to take Lola's pink ones. He doesn't even care for it and she doesn't either!

Melinda said...

I bet your house is a lot noisier with a harmonica around! ;) We did something similar with Bethany's pacifiers and bottles, I bet Jaxson's doing great! :)

Kathy Ricks said...

That is so funny. Ryan loved harmonicas to! Grandpa Wally use to play one and Ryan thought he was super cool. So when Grandpa Wally died he got his harmonica. Mackensie loved them to at Jaxson's age. Would love to hear at video of him playing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...