“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Friday, February 22, 2008

No Binky = No Naps

The unfortunate result of getting rid of the binky is Jaxson has stopped napping. He also started crying at night and comes out of his room in the morning. I really need some time away from him during the day to lay down so today I set down the rules for Quiet Time. He came out of his room twice and went in time out twice. I finally put on a movie in his room. It worked it just makes me really nervous to have him unsupervised with the laptop, even if it is on top of his dresser.
Where do kids get all their energy? I'm exhausted and he's jumping off the couch onto his mattress and pillows. (We call it The Game, it's great for a rainy day.)
I hope things will settle down once we get past this transition phase. He's been so clingy to me lately even at play groups and things he stays close and wants me to play with him. Even daddy doesn't compare lately. I hope this settles down before the baby comes!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Oh sad! I feel your pain! I can't imagine not having nap times during the day to get stuff done, I would go nuts. And the clingyness gets old pretty fast! Hope it gets better for you soon!

Bright Beginnings said...

With Caden, he would scream for his binky and we would just tell him we would be right back and leave the room. If he asked for it again, we would say the same thing. He just would think we were going to get it. He finally would fall asleep. We did it for naps and at night. It worked and he just stopped asking for it. You could try that. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...