“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I love holidays! Valentines Day is so fun, especially now that I'm married with kids. Jaxson is finally old enough to be really fun on holidays. For family night we wrote down things we love about each other on paper hearts. I strung them up and hung them in Jaxson's doorway with some streamers. Jaxson was so excited and said, "Yeah! Party day!" Today we had planned on having some friends over for a mini party but they were sick. We hope you feel better, Macie! We went to the Children's Museum this morning instead. Then we made a valentine for daddy and decorated cookies. It's been a fun day.







Since February 14th is the official Day for Love, I made a list of

14 Things I Love about being Married and In Love!

14. Having someone to cook for.
13. Sappy love songs- love songs are more meaningful when you have someone to dream about.
12. Not having to take my purse to the movies- I've been known to forget my purse in the theatre so having a husband with a wallet is good.
11. Having someone who is just as excited as I am about the cute things our kids do.
10. Backrubs and foot massages.
9. Having married friends- my married girlfriends never ditch me for a boy or obsess about a dead end relationship.
8. Chick flicks- I love watching a sappy movie and knowing someone loves me that much. The first time we saw The Notebook Steve said, "I'd read to you like that." (Don't tell him I told you.)
7. Pillow talk.
6. Love notes.
5. Never crying myself to sleep because a boy dumped me.
4. Having someone to kiss and hug and anytime I want!
3. Always having a date for Friday Night.
2. Lets just say not having to practice abstinence.
1. Having someone that is committed to being with me forever!

I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. These last 4 1/2 years that I've been with him have been the best years of my life. I can't wait to spend forever with him!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Amen to all those things! (especially number 2 - ha ha). I love making sugar cookies on V-day, it's my favorite thing about it.

Mike said...

Macie is feeling better this evening. I'm sad we didn't get to decorate cookies together. Jaxson's cookies look very yummy!

The Smith Family said...

Hey Delee! I was looking at your blog and noticed you got a comment from Jenna & Phil Holmes. I was just curious of how you know them?

The Smith Family said...

Hey this is jeremy! I just wanted to say sorry about #5. LOL JK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...