“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Sunday


Easter is such a wonderful Holiday. A chance to spend time with friends and family while celebrating Christ and all He did for us. Easter really is what it's all about. Christmas is important, but, Easter is the reason Christ came to earth and with out the Atonement and the Resurrection we would all be lost.

Our morning started out with early morning choir practice and church at 9:00am. We had a great sacrament meeting. We had to open the gym up for seating; it was great that so many people came. The choir did great and the rest of our meetings were enjoyable too. After church we came home, ate lunch, and then Steve took Jaxson on a short walk so I could hide eggs for him to find. Steve then gave a little lesson about the real meaning of Easter. I thought Jaxson would dig into his eggs during the 2 minute lesson, but he actually listened. Then he found his Easter basket and opened his eggs. Here's a video, it's a little long. We didn't get pictures of it so I thought I'd just post the whole event!
After a long afternoon nap we had our best friends Tom and Emily and their kids over for dinner. They looked so cute in their Easter outfits that Emily took some pictures. We enjoyed a delicious turkey dinner together and hung out for the evening. I was so proud of my turkey that I took a picture. It was only my second time making a whole turkey. Luckily it turned out pretty good, and Tom's rolls were great!
I hope you had a wonderful Easter, too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...