The Ten "Virgins", the narrator, and two directors.
I was recently in the play The Ten Virgins for our Relief Society's 166th Birthday. We were asked to do it by the director 8 months ago and we've been having practices every Thursday night for the last 3 months. It was a lot of work getting it together especially because none of us are professionals. (To say the least.) Some of the women had never sung in front of a crowd before. Luckily for me I'm no stranger to the stage, I've even sung for our ward a couple times since we've lived here and generally I like to perform on stage. So, even though I was nervous I couldn't complain too much. All the ladies did great and it turned out really good! I got a lot of comments about the fact that I was a "pregnant virgin." It was pretty funny since I'm so far along. I wasn't the only pregnant virgin, my friend Emily is expecting too; she's the one with the green head piece. But she's not showing yet. When people made comments about it we'd remind them that we were two of the foolish virgins.
2 comments:
Thanks for all your hard work on this production. It was such a wonderful evening. The play was great and very touching. I loved how I could see myself in several of the women and it made me think hard about whether or not I'm really prepared to meet the Savior. Sometimes we are generally a good person, but it might just be the small stuff that keeps us unprepared.
You all did a great job!
Did you use your English accent you got to use in My Fair Lady? haha. the costumes are perfect and very jesus-time-like. :)
Post a Comment