“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jaxson is a Big Kid Now!

Jaxson is finally Potty Trained! We started a couple weeks ago and we had a very slow (and frustrating) start. The first three days we had no success so I decided that he wasn't ready because of the huge fits he was throwing. He didn't even want to wear his underwear at first. The day I gave up was the day he finally went! So I knew he was ready it was just becoming a power struggle. The next couple days he realized how he could hold his pee in. Then he would hold it until the last minute and then rush to the potty. Most of the time he was too late and then threw a tantrum because he couldn't get a candy. He gradually got better and better and I would recognize the "potty dance" and tell him his body was telling him his pee pee needed to come out into the potty. Telling him seemed to work better than asking him. And then if he didn't make it to the potty I'd just act like it was no big deal and we'd try next time.

Now he's been accident free for about a week! He goes in the potty in public restrooms also, even if he's wearing a pull-up! I'm so happy we're over the worst! I can't believe he's so grown up!

This picture is from the second day of potty training. I tried everything just to have him feel comfortable sitting on the potty. So, here he is watching a movie on the laptop. Man, that was a long day...

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wow-you're a star! Congrat's Jaxson (and Delee).

Terra said...

Yea, Jaxson. We're so proud of you!

Dean Spencer said...

Ah that picture is priceless! that is every man's dream right there...or at least mine...haha good job to jaxson and delee/steve!

Natalie said...

That is great. Potty training is always an interesting task to deal with. Great Job Jaxson!!!

Heidi said...

You're so lucky to be over the worst. I'm only just beginning.

I'm still laughing at the picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...