“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just Keeping You Posted....

It's time again for another family update! I know you are probably super excited so I'll get right to it! :)
Ehlana is 4 months old now. She's now 11 lbs 3 oz. She's in the 10% for height and weight so she dropped on the charts a little but the doctor said it's completely normal. I love my pediatrician! She understands that my babies just are "fun sized"! Elle is cooing and grunting more and more. She's grabbing toys like a pro and has finally rolled over a couple times (front to back.) She sleeps like a dream! 10-12 hour stretches every night! But, she's still grumpy if she doesn't have my full attention during the day. I guess I can't complain though! Here's our 4 month old smiley girl!


She's going for the toy...

Look at that concentration...

And she's got it! Yeah!

Jaxson has been especially wild lately. He loves to wrestle and jump on any of the furniture. I've been trying to play with him more to help him get out all of his energy. He totally regressed with potty training when we went on vacation and so we had to up the incentive. He now gets a match box car when he gets 6 stickers on his potty chart. It's been working well and he's doing great now. He loves cars, absolutely loves them! I can't believe he's almost 3 years old.
Here's proof that I do feed my kids sugar. Sometimes.

Yummy chocolate cookie dough!

I've been trying to stay sane here with two kids, hot and humid weather, and no car. With the gas prices it's hard for me to take the car because I have to drop Steve off and pick him up. It's been a hard summer and I can't wait to move. I was released from the Young Women's and I don't have a new calling because we're moving next month. I'm sad to leave the Young Women! It was one of my favorite callings. In my spare time I've been doing some crafts. Here's some shoes I found at Micheal's for only 97 cents! Seriously. I drew the design on them myself.

I also painted this picture to put up in our kitchen when we move.

Steve is about to start his 4th rotation, Emergency Medicine. It's going to be crazy! He has a lot of long shifts and some night shifts. He's done really well on his exams at the end of each rotation due to a lot of studying. I'm so proud of the work he's done. Only 8 more months of school!
Here's the family enjoying some down time. Although it's been a long and hard summer, in the end I have many blessings to count!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Ya know, I think Elle looks a little like Ethan! Around the nose and mouth. Awesome job on the shoes, how fun! I can't believe you're moving in a month, we're gonna be in Washington around the 16th, will you be up there by then?

Bright Beginnings said...

The kids are getting so big. Even though they are so petite. But what do you expect with you and Steve the parents, right? You guys aren't the biggest people :) Elle is so cute and with Jaxson being wild, boys will be boys! I have come to embrace Caden's craziness and hope Lola doesn't follow. I love the paintings and the shoes too. I sense a cherry blossom theme. You are so talented!

Natalie said...

Your kids are darling. It was great to see you guys. It will be fun to have you back in Washington.

Kathy Ricks said...

You need to have a "coming home" countdown going! I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 love you all

Heather Edwards said...

Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe that Jaxson is almost 3. I love all your pictures though. We miss being up there and getting to hang out with all of you. But you'll soon be leaving to.

Thomas Family said...

Delee!
I am so sorry I am such a dits. I got your last comment I think I was trying to leave a message on your blog back then and got interupted by my kids and never finished it. I was so excited to hear from you and see your blog. That's so cool that your moving back up here and it would be great to hang out sometime.
BTW...Your kids are adorable!
Let me know more details when you can.
Take Care

Krista said...

Your family is so precious! I'll miss you!

Heidi said...

We love Jaxson and Ehlana! They ARE fun sized! We're so going to miss you.

Super cute shoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...