“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”
Monday, September 15, 2008
Washington Here We Come!!!!!
So we got the okay from the hospital and the Surgeon in Washington that Steve's rotation is FINALLY all set up. So, it's official! Plane tickets, moving company and all... Washington here we come! The plans are to move on October 25th. We're flying with the kids and the cat and shipping our stuff and the car. We're moving close to my family. I mean really close. Right next door to my parents to be exact in a house that my grandmother used to live in. (She passed away over 5 years ago.) Okay, it's not really a house but a mobile home. Yes, we're officially "trailer trash". But, that's okay because it's cheap rent and my parents are just a few steps away. While we're there we plan to have Steve finish his last four rotations. He will graduate in May 2009. And then he'll get a job and we'll save for a house. We plan to stay in Washington forever. I love it there. The weather (yes I said weather, we've had 5, count them, 5 months of crazy heat and humidity here and I'm done!!!)I also love the schools, the people, and we have just about any restaurant or store that you could ever want with in 15 min. As Steve puts it, "We are just West Coast People." It's not that I won't miss some things about living here in Virginia. It's just it has never felt like Home for us. We will miss living by Steve's sister. (They live about 3 hours away from us.) I loved getting to know their family and now their girls will always remember us. We will miss our friends and our ward. We'll miss being so needed in the Church. Our testimonies have grown so much here. And so has our marriage. It's good to live away from family for awhile and have to lean completely on your spouse for support and have only my spouse to hang out with on the weekend.... We'll miss the beaches and the weather in the winter. I'll miss our little house and the memories we've made here. Jaxson had just turned one when we moved here and now he's almost three. He's changed so much! So, there are some things I'll miss. And I'm grateful for the experience of living in such a different part of the country. But, there is no place like home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yay! We are so excited for you guys. Good luck moving and traveling. We can't believe that Steve is graduating soon. Time flies.
Now that you're W.T. I have some recipes for you--like cheese waffles and fried chicken omelets. Yum. Good luck with the move!
We will see you around the holidays - I'm sure - now that you will be back in WA. It will be nice seeing your kids and family again. Good luck with the move:-)
I am so jealous, but in the same breath, so excited for you!
Ah, this seems like a dream for you. I agree, lots of good learning and growing...but finally getting to go back home. I am happy for you (and your mom, who probably LOVES this)!
I'm glad you get to be close to family, that is always nice. Its also a great thing when marriages and friendships are strengthened. You have been a wonderful example to me in service and friendship, and I'm glad to know you.
Post a Comment