I've been thinking a lot lately about friendship. When we moved here it was really hard. The East Coast was our last choice, I figured it would be a couple years of being lonely and homesick. The longer we live here the more I realize why Heavenly Father needed us here. And to my benefit we've made some great friends. The kind of friendships that you hope last forever. Last week at my baby shower my best friend, Emily, told us they were moving to Arizona in a month! I knew the were planning on it eventually, but it took me by surprise that it would be so soon! I cried the whole way home. Steve told me that we knew moving here was temporary, and that we'd have to leave our friends that we make here, but that doesn't mean I won't miss them. I've lived in three different parts of the country, and every time I move I wonder if I'll find meaningful friendships. Every time I have, some I keep in touch with and other's I just wonder how they are. Some friendship fade, and some last despite the miles between us. I'm so blessed for such wonderful friends.
I threw a Birthday party for Emily last night. It's probably the last time we're all together before they leave. Out of the 7 couples that were there, 4 of us are moving out of State before the New Year. Luckily that number includes us because I am homesick for Washington. I have been since the day I left almost 6 years ago.
Here's some pictures my brother took this week. Oh, how I miss how beautiful it is!


But, the experiences I've had and the friendships I've made mean so much to me I wouldn't trade them for anything.
"Hold a true friend with both your hands." * Nigerian Proverb






4 comments:
We had a fun evening and will miss all our friends when they check out of P-Town! Don't ever forget your friends for the ghetto!
Holy cow! in like 3 years of high school i didnt have as many friends as you have over at your house...and you have been there for what a little over a year? You always were the popular one...
but im not jealous you are just cool like that! <3
Of course you were here for a reason! You were one of the first people to make me feel welcome in our ward. I was so afraid that I'd have no friends because my husband was away, but thank you (and Emily!) for inviting me to stuff so now I truly feel welcome. I'm so sad you're leaving just now that I got here from the west coast.
i understand
Post a Comment