“Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured.”

Thursday, April 24, 2008

How We Met

Our 4 year anniversary is coming up next week. Every year we go to visit a different temple, but, this year I'll be in the hospital with a one day old baby. So, unfortunately we'll have to postpone any travel for a while. But I can't complain because the two of us went to New York last year and had a great time.
A while ago our friends Matt and Lisa shared the story of how they met on their blog and invited friends to share their stories also. For our anniversary I decided to share the story of how our wonderful life together began.
It all started the September of 2003. I had only a week left of cosmetology school and had decided to stay in the same apartment complex for another semester before I decided where to go next. As anyone who's lived by BYU knows the beginning of a new semester means one thing... Fresh Meat! And my roommates and I were excited to have some new boys move into the complex. That's when Steve moved in two doors down from us.
The first time I saw him was at church. I thought he was so hot! He was sitting next to a girl (who turned out to be his sister) so I was trying to see if they were holding hands. (He found that hilarious especially because him and his sister look just a like!) I played it cool for the next week or two just trying to catch his eye when I saw him around the complex. Then one Sunday after church I met him in the hall and we were introduced. He then got a ride home with my friends I was riding with and I found out he was from California and that he served a mission in Japan. (I had a thing for bi-lingual men...) He claims he didn't even notice I was in the car. Lucky for him I never learned now to play "hard to get" as my friends would say. I always wore my heart on my sleeve. The next day I went into the office where my roommate conveniently worked and found out what apartment he lived in and got his phone number. I called him and asked him out for that night. Seriously, I don't know how to play hard to get! He said yes even though he wasn't sure who I was and we went to a group FHE activity to a museum, out to ice cream, and than hung out at my apartment. He said that night was like seeing me for the first time and we really hit it off. He even held my hand in the car. I know, I was such a Floosy! (sp?) The next day he came running into my work after class, gave me a huge hug and said, "I thought about you all day!"
I thought to myself, "Who actually says that to someone after the first date?!"
My future husband. A man who he himself never learned how to play "hard to get." We spent everyday together since that first date.
I had a ring on my finger only a month and a half later.
We were married in the Seattle Temple on April 30th 2004 and 4 years later we're still living Happily Ever After.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I know I'm emotional, but I got all teary eyed! Have a wonderful anniversary--especially with a brand new sweet little girl! I'm so excited for you!

Rachel, Jamin, Kara, Jace and Bryce said...

I love this idea...it is great to hear how our perfect matches are made. Thanks for the post on our blog...it was great to hear from you. Good luck with your upcoming delivery and your new baby girl. We are so excited for you and your family. Jaxon is going to just LOVE his new baby sister:-)

Bright Beginnings said...

Time has gone by so fast. 4 years and 2 babies. We can't wait to see Ehlana. What a great way to celebrate! Next time you come to Utah, come to visit and we will play games and let the kids run around.

Kathy Ricks said...

You were such a beautiful bride! Did you ever get your pictures all done? Good luck this week. I love you. aunt Kathy

Heidi said...

What a cute story. Ah, the BYU Meat Market! By the way, you look foxy in that first picture!

Dean Spencer said...

Steve is a stud. nuff said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...